My sister, Marcia Brown, is a wonderful crafter. She created this floral headband for Mother’s Day and they were a hit with mom and with strangers! She buys her artificial flowers at a craft store at the sale price and the headbands are readily available at local drug stores or dollar stores.
Steps to create a floral headband
- Fabric-covered headband
- Artificial flowers
- Artificial leaves
- Cross stitch fabric
- Hot glue gun
Time to create: 30 minutes
- Cut two oval shapes from the cross stitch fabric to support the larger flowers.
- Glue the two pieces together then glue them to the headband. (Note: if you purchase plastic headband without fabric covering, wrap the headband with a ribbon and glue it on. The flowers will adhere to the fabric and will stay in place.)
- Begin by positioning the largest flower first. Glue a medium size flower forward and a small flower next to the larger flower but facing away from it.
- Begin placing and gluing the smaller flowers and leaves. (You do not need to cover the entire headband.)
- Finally fill any gaps with tulle.
The headband may be worn from either side.